20 April 2008

IN MY BELLY

1. Citrus Buttermilk Pudding Cake from Modern Tea in Hayes Valley. If you can't deal with the crowded, noisy, breaded-pork overload at Suppenkuche across the street, come here. Tea is comfort, and so is this creamy cake. It's served in a mason jar which ups the cute factor ante. Warning: you will not find Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime tea on the menu here.

2. Mascarpone grits with wild mushrooms at 1300 Fillmore.
I secretly wanted the whole appetizer portion to myself, but there were four of us so I was polite and only licked the bowl after everyone else was done.

3. Strawberries with Fromage Blanc. Similar to strawberries n' cream but tangier since fromage blanc is like a milder, fluffier cream cheese. I made it with Ella Bella strawberries and Cowgirl creamery cheese. Springtime is the right time to support your local farmers!

4. Back to Nature dill pickles. Crunchy, salty, non-vinegary...I can't stop thinking about them. I think I'm in love with a pickle! Fortunately this is not the kind of pickle affair that will be detrimental to my impending nuptials.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Salty Dawg,

We are had! Your "other" lover has discovered us. I am in "the jar", but I don't know where. Smells like trash though. Save me.

- Dill'an