04 August 2008

DOH


As promised, I revisited fancy new Dynamo Donuts as part of my ongoing national donut review. This is the type of investigative blogging that I know you've come to expect from me.

Everything appears to be in order at Dynamo. There were two new flavors to sample, though there never seem to be more than 10 donuts available for purchase at any one time. Fights could break out.
But this isn't the type of donut factory where waterfalls of icing bathe 100 donuts at a time, so their precious unavailability is not surprising. Besides, at $6.50 for two donuts and a coffee, I wouldn't want to get three dozen for the office staff meeting anyway.

The spiced chocolate had a nice cake-like consistency and chili powder sugar coating. Interesting and enjoyable.
The frosted vanilla was fine. No grease or typical post-donut stomach bloat.

Basically I'm already a little bored with the place.
If I'm gonna go for a donut, or five, I want my teeth to hurt from the sugar.
I want to feel guilty. And I don't want to scramble for the last donut with a fixie-riding mission hipster in skinny jeans and ironically dirty/Day-glo/DIY t-shirt. There, I said it. Will skinny jeans ever go away?

1 comment:

Lord Cheez said...

6.50 for 2 donuts and a coffee. Is it officially The End Of The World?