18 January 2009

BEEF AND SWINE IN '09


Ever since my rich* husband got me the new MacBook Pro for a wedding present, you'd think I'd be blogging a lot more right?

Instead, I've been Facebooking my old Republican high school friends and obsessively watching Lonely Island videos. What's become of me?

Of course I've still been eating my ass off at various new places around the city, but I always forget to take pictures, or it's too dark to take pictures, or I can't deal with the fact that I take lousy pictures, so I just fuhgeddaboutit.
But like Lance Armstrong, I persevere.
It's time for a new president and a new blog!

D and I killed it at the new cheesesteak place in the Mission, Phat Philly a couple weeks ago. I don't claim to be a cheesesteak expert, but I do know that we left that place full of cheesy, meaty goodness and sometimes that is enough. Praise be to the almighty Pepto.

In keeping with the *Heathful Eating in 2009* theme, today we tried a new North Carolina BBQ spot (also in the soon-to-be-completely-gentrified Mission) Baby Blues.
My fellow foodie friend John Parker actually turned me on to this spot since I guess there's one down in SoCal too (Venice Beach).
Now, I DO claim to be somewhat of a BBQ expert since I did spend some time in a North Carolina prison many years ago, and Baby Blues was good.
It just wasn't pull-over-on-the-side-of-a-country-road-and-fill-your-gullet-with-authentic-Southern- BBQ-and-a-gallon-of-sweet-tea-at-a-plastic-tablecloth-covered-picnic table good.
Still, we make do with what we've got, and we got Memphis ribs, baby-back ribs, pulled pork (excellently smoky), cole slaw, baked beans, banana pudding and pecan pie. I'm not complaining that much.

See you soon! I swear!
*Rich in spirit, he drives a '98 Ford Taurus so get off my tip

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i just ate a grape and i...

Anonymous said...

last night i sore a film, as i recall it was a horra film...